With ever since social media enters into our lives, it has given a whole new meaning to it. You can like, follow, share your posts with one another but what more, you can now login to the WordPress blog or site using social networks also. In this article, I have collected the best WordPress plugins, using which you can login to your account using social media.
The plugin will let your users’ login, comment and share via their accounts on popular social networks such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. The plugin is a best tool for implementing Social Infrastructure and for capturing accurate user profile data gathered from social networks. Also, users can run Social Analytics to better understand their userbase.
Key Features (FREE):
- Users can register by logging in with social ID such as Gmail, Twitter, Facebook etc and they will not require usernames/passwords
- Add social login interface (the widget) on any page that supports up to 23 ID Providers. (Please see the list below)
- Choose as many ID Providers as you want
- Support legacy account mapping for your existing wordpress user accounts to social login
- It automatically creates account for the users after logging in with their existing IDs
- Position the Social Login interface (widget) – “embed in or beside WP login/register form”
- Options to show Social Login interface (widget) on login, register, comment page
- Enable email verification of end users
- Custom Login Redirection i.e. set a URL to redirect your users after logging in and logging out
- Allow users to post comments with their Social Accounts
- Option to automatically approves user’s comments if they post with their social account
- Eliminate spamming
- Options to add social sharing widget on homepage, posts, feeds, content pages, etc.
- Every time a user logs in, it fetches user profile data (basic data) and store in your WordPress database
- You’ll be the owner of these data and can export anytime from your database
- Manage everything from your WP admin
- UI to manage Customize Social Login interface position – embed in or beside wp login/register form
- No programming skills required
- Available in 9 languages – English, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and German
VIP Features (Paid):
- Multisite support enabled for domain-based and directory based
- White label service
- Full customization of login interface available with our subscription packages.
- Get extended user profile data and user’s social network data
- Get online/offline access to a user’s social profile to post on user’s profile
- VIP social icon themes and VIP login interface designs
- Supports HTTPS enabled website
- Developer sandbox
- Add multiple admins to LoginRadius account
- Get 24/7 email support
WP Google Plus Connect
WordPress Google+ Connect allows your website members the ability to register and/or login through the Google+ account by using the Google+ API. To start with, you need to set up a Google+ application and store the API credentials in the WordPress backend.
The time when a user clicks on the “Login with Google+” button which gets added to the WP login screen or anywhere via a short code and authentication their Google+ account to a WordPress account will be created with their G+ information and they will automatically be logged in.
Simple Facebook Connect
The plugin is a framework and contains a series of sub-systems which allows you add any sort of Facebook functionality you like to a WordPress blog. The addition will let you have an integrated site without a lot of coding stuff and still allowing you to customize it exactly the way you like it. As soon as you done with activation of the plugin, set up a Facebook Application for your site, you can enable individual pieces of functionality to let your integrate your site in number of ways.
- Enables your site to connect to Facebook with JS SDK
- Implements OpenGraph tags, entirely automatically
- Comment using Facebook credentials (with Facebook avatar support)
- Automatically Publish new posts to Facebook Profile or Application or Fan Page
- Manually Publish posts to FB Profile or Application or Fan Page
- Integrate comments made on Facebook back into your own site
- Login with your Facebook credentials, optionally using Facebook avatars instead of Gravatars
- New user registration with Facebook credentials (using the Facebook Registration Authentication system)
- Facebook Photo Album integration in the Media uploader
- Like Button and shortcode
- User Status Widget and shortcode
- Live Stream Widget and shortcode
- Fan Box Widget and shortcode
- Fan Count Chicklet and Widget
- Activity Feed Widget
- “Share” button and Shortcode
The plugin is a free WordPress (BuddyPress compatible) plugin which allows your visitors to comment, login and register with 20+ Social Networks like for example Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Xing, PayPal, LiveJournal, Hyves, Вконтакте and Yahoo.
WordPress Social Login
The plugin will allow your visitors to both comment and login with social networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, Yahoo and more.
- Free, unlimited and white-label
- Built on top of an Open Source Library
- 23 supported social netwroks
- Easy to customize and integrate
- Supported Providers: Facebook , Google , Yahoo , Twitter , Windows Live , Myspace , Foursquare , Linkedin , Tumblr , Steam , Twitch.tv , Last.fm , Instagram , Goodreads , AOL , Vkontakte , Stackoverflow , Github , 500px , Skyrock , Mixi.jp , Mail.ru , Yandex and Odnoklassniki.
Simple Google Connect
A preview release as of now but will allow you to add any sort of Google based functionality you like to your WordPress blog. This will let you have an integrated site without a lot of coding and still allowing you customize it exactly the way you’d like.
- Enables your site to connect to Google using Google’s various APIs
- +1 button
- Sign in using Google for comments (and use Google based avatars!)
- Login using Google credentials
- Google+ Badges for pages